Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Ladies - Episode 1 (Rachel Maddow - part 1)


The Ladies is a recurring section on my blog concerning out lesbian women that should be an example to us all. Episode 1 is about Rachel Maddow.

I am a fan! That's all I can say about Rachel. She is a shining example of an intelligent and articulate political commentator. If that wasn't enough, she is also the first-ever out lesbian commentator on a major American broadcast. Her show on MSNBC is in the very popular 9 p.m. time slot and has been getting very good ratings. Might I add that she is also pretty futch (term coined by Dani Campbell on which I will definitely post something soon)which makes her appearance on a major national broadcaster even more spectacular. Because who thought there could ever be someone like that after ellen?
Her opposition to Sarah Palin is a must see:




I could show many clips form her show but her recent appearance on Leno should definitely be noticed:



Although I think people in the community should stay out of each other's hair about the whole butch/femme thing, going on Leno like that is a really cool thing for me (as a butchier type girl) to see in mainstream media. Another great thing about this whole interview is that she is there NOT as a lesbian but as a political commentator. Kudo's to Jay Leno for this one!
If you want to read more about Rachel please check out these two interviews with her on after ellen: 1 and 2

No comments: