Thursday, October 16, 2008

Introduction

Every blog needs an introduction but unfortunately most are quite boring. I'll try to keep this one short and sweet. If you didn't guess it from the title, the blog is about me and I am a lesbian. I've grown up in an environment were being gay is considered normal and is accepted which has given me a great deal of confidence. Therefore this blog is mostly going to be about fun stuff related to lesbians, celesbians (= famous lesbians) etc. However, I am a politics major so undoubtabley that will shine through now and again. Lastly, it is also a bit about me, my life, crushes etc.
Some data on me: I'm 20, a politics/law major at the top liberal arts college (all classes in English, 35% international students) in the Netherlands (country in Europe). In my free time (which is hard to come by during the semester) I love to sing and I am also a total newsjunkie (goes with being a political major I guess).

I promised this introduction to be sweet and the following video is definitely sweet and sticky...



This video is a clip from the first episode of season 6 of NCIS where Cote de Pablo is once again starring as Ziva David, a Mossad agent.
This is a song orginally from Tom Waits' album named 'Frank's Wild Years' and it was later covered by the wonderful Diana Krall (lyrics and audio of her version can be found here)
The full lyrics + translation of Cote's version are:
Rusted brandy in a diamond glass
Everything is made from dreams
Time is made from honey slow and sweet
Only the fools know what it means
Temptation, temptation, temptation
Oh, temptation, temptation, I can't resist
Well I know that she is made of smoke
(Oui, je sais quil est fait de fumée)
But Ive lost my way
(Oui, je msuis paumée)
He knows that I am broke
(Il sait que jsuis fauchée)
But I must play
(Mais à moi djouer, oui)
Temptation, oh temptation, temptation, I cant resist
(Tentation, hmm, tentation, tentation, jpeux pas résister)

No comments: